Monday, November 19, 2007

WHEEEEE!!!!!!

Hi All! I have been gone for a while to Illinois and it was fun! Really great seeing my granddaughter and getting to meet her new friends. There is a couple, Heather and Ira, and their children that have become her military family for now. They are great! Spending time getting to know them was wonderful and Heather is the best cook! Her breakfast burritos are to die for! I look forward to our next visit. Of course, I had to cook several southern dishes for them, and they were appropriately consumed in short order! What a compliment! While there I had no access to the computer since my granddaughter was in the process of getting ready to move to base housing. I went into complete withdrawal! No TV either! Thank the stars that I took enough crochet stuff and books to keep busy!
When I came home (ahhh, bliss! My bed!) things got back to normal really fast. Jill had a really bad time while I was gone. Her hemoglobin dropped to 8 and had to have several units of blood. She slept most of the time due to no energy. She was supposed to have a mass removed from her left breast but her platelets are too low. So she has been on medication over the last few days and will get a blood test again today. If the platelet level has risen to over 100 then she will be eligible for a new drug therapy they are running to see if the results will be beneficial to her. If not (the count up) then she will have the platelets IV and will have the mass removed and then she will get the chemo. The doctor said she has many masses in her bones making it impossible for her body to produce useful blood cells on its own. It breaks my heart that she has to go through all this and I moan about all the surgeries I have to have. She is 38, I am 62. Her attitude is great and I put her up there as one of my heroes....don't tell her that though, there will be no living with her!
I have read recently two books by Christina Dodd, Scent of Darkness and Touch of Darkness, which I have thoroughly enjoyed. I believe this is a new branch in her writing tree and I hope to see more! (not that the branched there are not great too!)
I am supposed to have surgery on the 29th on my right knee and will be in a long-leg cast for 6-8 weeks. When that gets removed and the leg is strong, then I will be having the left one fixed. When that one gets well then we move onto the shoulder.....I only have one limb that is functioning anywhere near normal at this time...LOL Talk about the turtle on its back...it brings to mind the old commercial, "Help! I have fallen and I can't get up!"
Well, I will close for now...getting all the letters mixed up while typing this so I will write more later.
God bless you all and be with you in all things.

No comments: