Tuesday, August 14, 2007

HOT!!!!!

The temperature here for the last 10 days has reached over 100 each day with the heat index around 110-114......yuck! So I have been staying in my air-conditioned house (praise God for cool air!) and reading and crocheting. Francine Rivers wrote a series of books on the women of the Bible that were in the line of Jesus lineage. First there was Tamar, then Rahab, Ruth, Bathsheba and Mary. They are fictional accounts based on the information given in the Bible about them and at the end of each is a digging deeper section that makes you think about their decisions and our own that we make all the time. It was fun and informational reading these accounts of their lives. I love her books! I also read a book by Nora Roberts that had me giggling during the book....First Impressions. It was a cute light reading and I loved the female character.
Mom continues to get better or, I should say, maintaining status quo. Still hurting but off the narcotics and trying to establish a non-narcotic route to alleviating the pain to bearable stage.
One of my best friends' husband had a heart attack last week and was not looking good for a couple of days. He is in his 70s and has Alzheimer's disease too. There was a lot of damage to his heart but he has rallied to the point of coming home. My prayers have been and continue to be with this family.
I have been praying for financial relief and for a part time job to help get by each month.....I know that the Lord will provide this soon. First I have to get past the knee surgery and then I can do something positive. Meanwhile, I just keep on crocheting. Now if I could sell my crochet items then I could make money and stay home! But usually I have more invested in the yarn than someone wants to pay for the finished product. Bummer! So I continue to give them away to the people that I love!
Jill hasn't been doing well the last week or so....she sleeps most of the time and feels really blah the rest of the time.
Of course, Christian continues to make my life enjoyable...he gives me lots of kisses that go straight to my heart and fills it up until the next time I see him. And then we spend time with all the transformers...he knows all the names of the decepticons, autobots, minicoms etc. And how to transform each of them...I am lost! We spend time browsing the web for all the new ones they have for sale so he can keep up with them. Now if only he applies that brain of his when he starts school in a couple of weeks! His first year in school (kindergarten) may be hard for him...he couldn't care less about learning letters and numbers. Can they make the numbers into transformers? LOL
Jordan, 14, my older grandson and Christian's brother, fell off his bicycle and broke his wrist and cracked several ribs. He is in a blue cast and gets to start 9th grade soon. Sydney, their 12yo sister, is starting 7th grade. She does pretty well in school so I don't worry about her grades. Her dark tan sets off her hazel eyes...she swims all the time.
Tore, my 19yo granddaughter, is still in Illinois and becoming proficient in her chosen field of dental assistant in the Air Force. I am so proud of her! She makes very mature decisions for her age and will go a long way as long as she doesn't let other people influence her too much. She wants the good opinion of her family but we can't decide what is right for her...sometimes she gets pulled in too many directions by what we all say and gets stymied about what to do. I just want her to be happy no matter what she wants to do. She, like all the rest of us, will make good and bad decisions during her lifetime and hopefully learn from them. I'm still learning! Her fiance, Dan, is a really nice guy that loves her but he is immature and needs to grow up a lot before they settle down. OK Tore, if you are reading this, please have confidence in yourself and your decisions...second guessing all the time just leads to confusion and doubt. Your instincts are good...go with them..God will lead you the right way! I love you!!!
Hope you all have a blessed day and may God grant you your blessings in abundance!

No comments: