Wednesday, June 20, 2007

Missing my heart

My 5 year old grandson has been visiting his other grandparents in Ohio since the first part of May. He won't return until the 16th of July. Since he stays with me a lot I miss him terribly! Part of me is happy for him and his other grandparents but the other part is grieving over his absence. It is such a wonderful thing to be a grandparent! You can give unconditional love and enjoy them the way most of us don't get to enjoy their parents, being involved in the day to day trials of earning a living and trying to guide them to being the best that they can be. Oh, what fun we have playing games together, making up stories to tell each other, snuggling, gathering all those kisses that go straight to our hearts, having special little things that are ours alone. Watching them grow and seeing the world again through their eyes is so special! My grands range in age from 20 to 3. It has been quite a ride but one I would not have missed for the world! God has truly blessed me in so many ways and this one just keeps on growing!
I have four children, Wayne, 41, Woody, 39, Joelle, 38, and Heather, 37.
That story is long and filled with many smiles and heartaches. My biggest want for them all is to become the people God put them on this earth to be. None of them have found their way yet but I'm not giving up hope! I lift them up to God daily, sometimes multiple times. God can and will accomplish that which I never could. He brought me to my knees so I could see that He is Lord and giving Him my whole life and soul and control of my life has been the best thing I have ever done.
My grands are: Shane, Ashley, Cory, Jordan, Sydney, Christian, Kayla, Jenny, Bristtle, Tore and Faith. I will be talking about them at various times so now you know who they are.
Have a wonderful Christ-filled day!

No comments: